At Turkington Windows & Conservatories we have been selling Double and Triple glazing for over ten years to homeowners in Northern Ireland and beyond. In the past five years, it has become one of our standard products. During that time we have installed thousands of triple glazed units. We are proud to be the market leader, providing customers with the enhanced benefits of a warmer, safer and more energy-efficient home.
What is Triple Glazing?
Triple glazed windows were first introduced in Sweden many years ago, as colder climates receive the most benefits from these high-performance windows due to their improvement of interior comfort climate. This makes them ideal for homes in Northern Ireland.
• Triple glazing is typically three panes of 4mm glass in a 36mm or 40mm sealed unit.
• The air spaces have a 90% fill of inert gas called Argon which increases heat retention and acts as a better buffer than dry air.
• Turkingtons typically use ‘Planitherm Total +’ thermal glass units. This glass has a metal oxide coating that helps reflect heat back into your home. It maximises solar gain and minimises heat loss. It also lets in natural light without the haze and tint of cheaper options.
• Finally, we use a Warm Edge Spacer bar which retains heat better than standard aluminium spacer bars around the edge of the unit.
• Check out the differences between double and triple glazing.